Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Fall Al Fresco Dining

Hi again everyone,

We are having a spectacular fall here in Charlottetown with summer like temperatures.  Our leaves have not begun to turn color yet, which usually doesn't take place until October, around our Thanksgiving.   

While walking our dog today, I met two people on our street who were visiting from a cruise ship and travelling to our east coast for the first time from Brisbane, Australia.  They were hoping to see 'more color' in the trees, but I'm afraid they were just a tad bit early for that.  They did, however, love what they were seeing here in Old Charlottetown and the east coast in general as they cruised from Montreal to Boston.

With such amazing fall weather, I couldn't help but think what a perfect opportunity it is to enjoy some al fresco dining.........     
  











These ideas have certainly inspired me and I hope they will do the same for you.......even without the colorful leaves, we have a bounty of beautiful fruit, gourds, pumpkins, flowers, tartans and dishes to produce some delightful table settings.

Enjoy!

Kay
















2 comments:

  1. Home is Where the Boat Is and all content and photographs are copyright protected. Using content including but not limited to photos, posts and text without permission is prohibited. Remove my Thanksgiving lakeside table from your post, you don't even have the source correct!!! https://homeiswheretheboatis.net/2010/11/17/giving-thanks/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Mary,

      I received your note late last night, just as I was going to bed. I must say, I was quite taken aback by your wrath.

      I have gone back to the post in question with your photo, and I'm not sure what you mean when you say I don't even have the source correct. Your caption is posted on the picture itself as well as in the 'Source' - you have to click on the source to see what the source is!!

      As with all the pictures on my blog, they have come off the internet through pinterest, tumblr, instagram or whatever. I have made a concerted and conscientious effort to ensure all images are correctly assigned to the 'source'.........as I did with yours. After all, that is what blogging is all about - sharing beautiful ideas - which was my only intent. If you don't want your photos shared, perhaps they shouldn't be on the internet.

      My advice to you is to "Keep Calm and Float On" - and keep your eye on the horizon as, in this case, you veered off course and collided with an innocent soul who wanted only to share and inspire others with beautiful ideas.

      I will now remove the 'offensive' image, but am keeping a copy of this page for future reference to prove that your photo is showing the correct 'source'.

      And please refrain from sending me any more late night reprimands.......I prefer that when people request something from me that they do it kindly. And one more thing, you can be assured I will never post another image of yours 'sourced' or not.

      I hope today and each coming day is better for you than yestereday.

      Kind regards,

      Kay

      Delete